Updated: Aug 12
Happy Saturday! Today is my spot on the blog tour hosted by Rachel's Random Resources. This book is aimed at children however I found some great hints and tips within it so I would say it can be enjoyed by adults too! Many thanks for sending me a copy of this book to read and review.
The Fashion Fix: Activities and ideas for a stylish and sustainable wardrobe
If you love fashion, this activity book will help you create a wardrobe which reflects your personal style AND is mindful of the impact the fashion industry has on the environment and human welfare.
Learn the shocking facts about fashion
Make better choices when shopping
Develop your own unique style
Get creative with friends and family
Discover fun ways to upstyle and upcycle your wardrobe
Be crafty with recycling garments and fabrics
"𝘉𝘦𝘢𝘶𝘵𝘪𝘧𝘶𝘭𝘭𝘺 𝘥𝘦𝘴𝘪𝘨𝘯𝘦𝘥 𝘢𝘯𝘥 𝘣𝘶𝘳𝘴𝘵𝘪𝘯𝘨 𝘸𝘪𝘵𝘩 𝘪𝘥𝘦𝘢𝘴 𝘵𝘰 𝘩𝘦𝘭𝘱 𝘺𝘰𝘶 𝘨𝘦𝘵 𝘤𝘳𝘦𝘢𝘵𝘪𝘷𝘦, 𝘛𝘩𝘦 𝘍𝘢𝘴𝘩𝘪𝘰𝘯 𝘍𝘪𝘹 𝘪𝘴 𝘢 𝘴𝘮𝘢𝘳𝘵, 𝘴𝘢𝘷𝘷𝘺 𝘢𝘯𝘥 𝘱𝘳𝘢𝘤𝘵𝘪𝘤𝘢𝘭 𝘨𝘶𝘪𝘥𝘦 𝘵𝘩𝘢𝘵 𝘸𝘪𝘭𝘭 𝘪𝘯𝘴𝘱𝘪𝘳𝘦 𝘺𝘰𝘶 𝘵𝘰 𝘥𝘳𝘦𝘴𝘴 𝘮𝘰𝘳𝘦 𝘴𝘶𝘴𝘵𝘢𝘪𝘯𝘢𝘣𝘭𝘺 𝘸𝘪𝘵𝘩𝘰𝘶𝘵 𝘴𝘢𝘤𝘳𝘪𝘧𝘪𝘤𝘪𝘯𝘨 𝘺𝘰𝘶𝘳 𝘱𝘦𝘳𝘴𝘰𝘯𝘢𝘭 𝘴𝘵𝘺𝘭𝘦. 𝘐𝘵'𝘴 𝘱𝘢𝘤𝘬𝘦𝘥 𝘸𝘪𝘵𝘩 𝘪𝘮𝘱𝘰𝘳𝘵𝘢𝘯𝘵 𝘧𝘢𝘤𝘵𝘴 𝘣𝘶𝘵 𝘯𝘦𝘷𝘦𝘳 𝘧𝘦𝘦𝘭𝘴 𝘥𝘦𝘱𝘳𝘦𝘴𝘴𝘪𝘯𝘨 𝘰𝘳 𝘱𝘳𝘦𝘢𝘤𝘩𝘺 – 𝘪𝘯𝘴𝘵𝘦𝘢𝘥 𝘪𝘵 𝘴𝘩𝘰𝘸𝘴 𝘺𝘰𝘶 𝘩𝘰𝘸 𝘫𝘰𝘺𝘧𝘶𝘭 𝘪𝘵 𝘪𝘴 𝘵𝘰 𝘴𝘦𝘵 𝘺𝘰𝘶𝘳𝘴𝘦𝘭𝘧 𝘧𝘳𝘦𝘦 𝘧𝘳𝘰𝘮 𝘧𝘢𝘴𝘵 𝘧𝘢𝘴𝘩𝘪𝘰𝘯 𝘢𝘯𝘥 𝘣𝘶𝘪𝘭𝘥 𝘢 𝘸𝘢𝘳𝘥𝘳𝘰𝘣𝘦 𝘵𝘩𝘢𝘵'𝘴 𝘶𝘯𝘪𝘲𝘶𝘦𝘭𝘺 𝘺𝘰𝘶𝘳𝘴, 𝘸𝘪𝘵𝘩𝘰𝘶𝘵 𝘤𝘰𝘴𝘵𝘪𝘯𝘨 𝘵𝘩𝘦 𝘦𝘢𝘳𝘵𝘩. 𝘐 𝘸𝘪𝘴𝘩 𝘐'𝘥 𝘩𝘢𝘥 𝘪𝘵 𝘸𝘩𝘦𝘯 𝘐 𝘸𝘢𝘴 𝘨𝘳𝘰𝘸𝘪𝘯𝘨 𝘶𝘱! 𝘉𝘶𝘵 𝘪𝘵'𝘴 𝘴𝘵𝘪𝘭𝘭 𝘵𝘢𝘶𝘨𝘩𝘵 𝘮𝘦 𝘢 𝘵𝘩𝘪𝘯𝘨 𝘰𝘳 𝘵𝘸𝘰 𝘯𝘰𝘸."
𝘓𝘢𝘶𝘳𝘦𝘯 𝘉𝘳𝘢𝘷𝘰, 𝘢𝘶𝘵𝘩𝘰𝘳 𝘰𝘧 𝘏𝘰𝘸 𝘵𝘰 𝘣𝘳𝘦𝘢𝘬 𝘶𝘱 𝘸𝘪𝘵𝘩 𝘧𝘢𝘴𝘵 𝘧𝘢𝘴𝘩𝘪𝘰𝘯
This was such a fabulous activity book, it had so many interesting factors and I think it would appeal to many teenagers and young adults who are trying to live more sustainably. The book itself was filled with loads of hints and tips for ways in which you could become more sustainable with fashion. It began asking how much you think you understand about sustainability and I think I definitely fall into the Trendsetter in training category. I know a little about the impact of fast fashion and am starting to make changes to become sustainable but I know I have a long way to go!
There were lots of facts about the fashion industry and the impact it has on the environment. It was really interesting to read about the different chemicals and such that are used to make the fashion in the first place. The facts about the water used to create denim is unfathomable. I had heard about this in the past from a Stacey Dooley documentary and it really shocked me. It is definitely one change I have made in that I try not to buy new denim where possible.
There are different ideas of how you can upcycle and recycle your own garments, how you can make them seem new again. How you can shop sustainably and what you can do with your wardrobe now, before you begin to make the changes. There were a few activities I will be completing myself over the next weeks, namely the sorting of my wardrobe into 5 piles to see what I actually wear. Did you know that most people wear about 20% of their wardrobe constantly, the other 80% is rarely taken out from the cupboard?!
Now is the time to become more sustainable, with our world heading in the direction it is there is no better time than to arm yourself with facts and make some new choices. A copy of this book might be just what you need to get started!
You can buy a copy of the book using one of the following links:
𝒜𝒷𝑜𝓊𝓉 𝓉𝒽𝑒 𝒜𝓊𝓉𝒽𝑜𝓇
Lexi Rees was born in Scotland but now lives down south where she’s slave to carrot obsessed gelding, a frisky mare, a dog who’s convinced he’s not been fed in a month, and a house of hungry boys.
She writes action-packed adventures and fun activity books for children. She’s passionate about reducing her footprint on the planet and becoming more self-sufficient. She has an active programme of school visits and other events, is a Book PenPal for three primary schools, and runs a free online #kidsclub and newsletter which includes book recommendations and creative writing activities.
Social Media Links –
Twitter: @lexi_rees or https://twitter.com/lexi_rees